Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Peer-to-Peer Gift Specialist to join the Development team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Peer-to-Peer Gift Specialist will assist with the planning and execution of Mission peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising programs, with the support of the Volunteer Engagement Manager and Chief Development Officer. An important member of the Volunteer Engagement team, the P2P Gift Specialist will be the go-to person and problem-solver for all participant and donor inquiries, providing customer service efforts for all programs, including technology support for fundraising platforms.
This individual will also provide assistance to the Missions Marketing team in creating social media content from P2P events, building and maintaining a P2P event calendar, maintaining P2P events, assisting with stewardship and cultivation of P2P fundraisers, and other P2P department administrative tasks as needed.
In addition, this role will work to cultivate and support overall volunteer efforts, programs, and outreach within and outside the Mission. Providing outstanding support, they will be consistently and predictably customer-friendly, speedy, accurate, and dependable for all volunteers, residents, guests, and staff. This role will assume oversight of VE efforts for at least one major ministry program.
At Seattle's Union Gospel Mission, we value and care for every Mission volunteer and we want each one to be spiritually empowered to bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new life to our homeless neighbors. The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Gift Specialist will take an active role ensuring each volunteer is delighted by service opportunities that make a meaningful impact.
Our Development team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to build out P2P fundraising at the Mission. (50%)
- Lead and collaborate with Mission Marketing team, developing a calendar of communications supporting this work.
- Participate in and act as the point of connect between external Walk/Run/Ride events and partnerships. Augment these efforts using Missions P2P platform.
- Encourage and coach P2P fundraisers: building community with them, as well as retaining and growing their involvement them year over year.
- Implement best practices in P2P fundraising, increasing participation and event revenue growth annually.
- Create and manage event committees, providing regular communications to motivate and inspire volunteers to fundraise.
- Engage and train other Mission departments to become P2P ambassadors for the Mission.
- Champion VE throughout the Mission, educating and encouraging volunteers and staff about benefits and results of VE programs. This could include communications, tracking, training, and many other logistics to sustaining the volunteer program. (20%)
- Foster and cultivate volunteers for high-impact roles within the Mission.
- Compile, write, and/or produce VE newsletter.
- Register and record all volunteer hours for management and L&I reporting purposes.
- Utilize the volunteer database for monthly reporting and volunteer information.
- Assist on-site and off-site as needed, for volunteer fairs, tours or group/corporate/service projects.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of 50+ volunteers. This could include High Impact volunteers, volunteers with P2P pages, or other high engaged volunteers. (15%)
- Identify and develop strategic key account volunteers to optimize participation and fundraising
- Balance prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Track all constituent relationship activity in the Missions CRM and volunteer database
- Pilot and refine on-ramps to move volunteers to become donors. This includes specialized campaigns, trainings/orientations, and outside-of-the box experiences. (10%)
- Fulfill other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor. (5%)
- Attend and participate in Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.