- Degree from a 4-year college or university (BFA in Design or a related field strongly preferred), 1 year of design experience, and an interest in publishing.
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on a Mac platform.
- Design proficiency using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, FinalCut Pro, Premier Pro, AfterEffects, and Acrobat Pro. Familiarity with MailChimp (or other email programs), databases, and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent design ability, including strong type design, as demonstrated in portfolio.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, both in-house and with commercial printers and vendors.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, and be detail oriented. Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible in incorporating the ideas of others into layout or design while at the same time maintaining design and brand integrity.
- An ongoing curiosity about trends in book design and in graphic design generally.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter*, resume, and portfolio at PUP’s application website. You will be requested to provide the link to an e-portfolio during the online application process.
*Please include in your cover letter salary requirements and a description of what you’re currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.