Under the direction of the Clinic Services Manager, the Patient Care Specialist will coordinate with SBFHC's clinical staff to support patients to receive the comprehensive care and referrals essential to health and wellness. Responsibilities include case management of specialty and managed care medical referrals, and linkages to community based partners and educational services.
- Serve as a liaison between patients and specialty medical and managed care providers to ensure continuity and comprehensiveness of patient care.
- Serve as a liaison between patients and community-based partners to support patient access to services not provided directly by SBFHC (such as domestic violence intervention support, substance abuse treatment and parenting classes).
- Serve as a liaison between community-based partners and SBFHC's clinical staff by scheduling medical appointments at SBFHC for those clients of community partners in need of the services SBFHC provides.
- Intake and coordinate referrals to SBFHC's on-site HIV/AIDS services (case management, mental health and HIV testing).
- Intake and coordinate referrals to SBFHC's on-site health education services.
- Provide psychosocial assessments for prenatal patients.
- Ensure patients receive appropriate and indicated preventive, maintenance and follow-up care (such as annual exams, trimester visits or chronic ailment maintenance visits) through telephone and/or written contact with patients.
- Maintain a database of patient information, including acuity levels, and generate reports for review by the Management staff.Ensure patient data is entered into the patient's chart, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate complete discretion when discussing patient information; adhere to strict standards regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent and disclosure as required by HIPAA, California law and agency policy.
- Perform general office management.
- Attend Department meetings.
- Attend training to enhance knowledge to improve job skills and performance.
- Any additional services as assigned.