Position: Biologist Trainer 1
Department: Life Sciences
We are currently looking for an energetic and dynamic Biologist Trainer 1 to join our team. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day husbandry and wellbeing of the ambassador animals within the Aquarium, with a specific focus on operant conditioning.
As a Biologist Trainer 1, you will be responsible for using operant conditioning to facilitate guest engagement opportunities through public presentations with the facility’s wide variety of animals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertake daily operations to ensure highest level of safety, courtesy, education, efficiency, and operational readiness at all times.
- Train animal behavior and provide enrichment activities.
- Public presentations and interactive programs consistent with the facility’s philosophy and procedures.
- Maintain positive representation to professional agencies and institutions.
- Compliance with health and safety standards in accordance with local municipality, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Provide animal care and ensure habitats meet compliance of facility specific policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records on animal health, training sessions, enrichment, water quality, system maintenance, and system checks, as necessary.
- Monitor, identify, and communicate any animal health concerns.
- In collaboration with Guest Experience Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure habitats and programs engage, educate, and entertain diverse audiences.
- Work closely with the Aquarium Foundation to ensure volunteers and educators provide exemplary guest service and engagement.
- Perform daily dive requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.