Want to be an integral part of a progressive, dynamic workplace devoted to supporting small vendors, local farmers, and transformative community impact? Central Co-op Tacoma, a natural foods cooperative with over 14,000 members, is hiring a part-time Multi-Department Clerk! This job is a great fit for someone who thrives on teamwork, creativity, and working with people in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Central Co-op offers competitive wages, 100% employer-paid-premium health/dental/vision insurance for employees working 28+ hours/week, a 4% employer-matching 401k, a grocery discount, and generous vacation time. Plus, what’s better than getting to know you’re making a positive difference in the world?
Central Co-op is proud of its commitment to quality foods and supporting small local vendors, and is seeking a Multi-Department Clerk to keep our store looking and feeling great! The Multi-Department Clerk is a jack-of-all-trades who provides assistance in all store departments; this role is great for someone who loves variety in their job, and is excited to learn about many the roles at Central Co-op.
Primary Position Responsibilities
● Performing duties in all departments (Center Store/Grocery, Bulk, Produce, Deli, Front End/Support, Wellness, etc.) as directed by store leadership
● Answering questions and engaging with customers about product availability and selection, and always providing friendly, efficient, customer service
● Fulfilling online orders for customers, as well as taking special orders and customer product suggestions
● Cashiering as needed; opening and closing tills and registers, and maintaining cash accuracy
● Stocking, rotating, and facing product for all departments on the sales floor, in coolers and freezers, and in backstock; maintaining cleanliness of both sales and stock areas
Other responsibilities may include:
● Ordering, receiving, and verifying product orders; cataloguing and coding invoices
● Providing custodial and cleaning support
● Upholding the values of Central Co-op in daily work
● Handling meat, seafood, dairy and other animal products