*Position is remote but open to residents of Ohio only. Must reside in Ohio as of start date*
As a socially responsible health care employer and provider, we require our associates to show proof of annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio is seeking mission-minded Associates to join us as full time (37.5 per week) Patient Navigator - Surgical Services.
The Patient Navigator - Surgical Services provides case management services directly to patients seeking abortion care at PPGOH. This includes but is not limited to working with the clinical staff in providing case management services to patients receiving surgical or medication abortion, as well as abortion related follow up connected to abortion care. Participates in routine outreach and collaboration with non-PPGOH abortion care providers to maintain up to date referral resources as well as work in partnership with the Development Team and Project Manager for Health Services regarding access funds for abortion services. Functions as part of the RQM Team and in collaboration with the Abortion Services Care Team. The ultimate goal of the patient navigator is to relieve as much of the logistical and practical burdens from the patient as possible, such that the path to obtaining high-quality, patient-centered abortion care is as clear and smooth as possible. This opportunity requires travel between Columbus and Bedford Heights Ohio.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
We protect, promote, and provide empowered health care for people throughout Ohio.
- We respect and honor all people
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for patients and staff
- We provide health care - without judgment
- We maintain responsible business practices
- We regularly demonstrate our shared organizational workplace values and standards in order to educate and care for the communities that we serve
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical 90% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage
- Vision 100% employer paid
- Life Insurance 100% employer paid
- Accidental Death & Disability 100% employer paid
- Long Term/Short Term Disability 100% employer paid
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution up to 4%
- Nine (9) paid holidays per year
- Financial incentive program for certified bilingual staff
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conducts individual intake conversations with all patients scheduled for AB1 consultation visits, going over visit expectations, costs, and questions. Provide patients with additional education if needed around the selected abortion procedure based on LMP or sedation options. Utilizes telehealth technology as needed.
- Supports abortion follow-up and aftercare processes according to the MS&Gs to ensure patient well-being and successful procedure.
- Facilitate communication between the patient, support person(s), and healthcare providers to ensure patient-centered, safe, high quality care.
- Works with the patient to identify and provide appropriate linkages and resources available for the following:
- Logistical needs to access care
- Support services as needed
- Interpretive language services when needed
- Financial barriers
- Assist abortion patients in navigating barriers connected to state requirements for abortion care while ensuring compliance to all regulations prior to the procedure. This includes routine chart audits to monitor closely for special needs related to FHD, minors, judicial bypass, abortion bans, fetal tissue disposal, etc., and working with patients to reconcile any outstanding needs.
- Assist patients with any medication needs, including prior authorizations.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with partner agencies nationally
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
- At least 3 years of previous work experience with patient care coordinator or case management in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Must possess valid driver’s license at the time of employment. Must be willing to travel.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, judgment, organizational and communication skills
- Bilingual/Bicultural knowledge preferred
- Strong commitment to quality health care
PROMISE TO OUR ASSOCIATES
Planned Parenthood has served Ohioans with safe, accessible, and affordable health care for 100 years and welcomed more than 100,000 patient visits to our health centers in 2020. Every day, we fight to provide this care to everyone, no matter their income level, insurance status, zip code, color, creed, or country of origin.
As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve.
In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) is an equal opportunity employer. We care for our business by ensuring that all of our decisions regarding the employment relationship, including the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
As a matter of PPGOH policy we affirm that we respect and honor all people and we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
In addition to the above commitments, PPGOH seeks to have employees that reflect the broad diversity of those that we serve and we encourage all who are ready to be In This Together to apply.