By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position are to perform lab support duties and tasks for multiple departments that include: collecting and washing used labware, preparing the labware for the autoclave, running the autoclave, and harvesting and concentration of cell culture media. Perform additional duties as assigned. This position requires a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
- Operates Autoclave, labware washer and hand washes labware per department’s protocols.
- Prepares labware for sterilization and schedules and operates the autoclave to ensure a supply of clean labware is available for each department.
- Harvests and concentrates conditioned media.
- Prepares cell culture solutions.
- Disposes of bio hazardous waste following safety procedures.
- Maintains documentation of laboratory methods.
- Cleans and maintains general work areas.
- Upholds teamwork efforts and a pleasant work environment to maintain a positive work environment.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.