Responsible for the efficient operation of South Bay Family Health Care (SBFHC)'s Dispensary area, the Dispensary Coordinator works under the direction of the clinic providers to provide assigned program health education information within funding program guidelines to SBFHC clients and community members. The Dispensary Coordinator facilitates the smooth flow of clients and patients and works within the organization by interacting well with patients, clients, staff members and providers.
- Coordinates, organizes, and maintains the medication inventory of SBFHC, in cooperation with the clinical providers.
- Assists in the reviewing and counting of medication orders received.
- Reconciles orders received with invoices submitted.
- Logs daily all medications stocked and removed from the Dispensary in cooperation with clinical providers.
- Assists in the efficient flow and the daily maintenance of the Dispensary.
- Under direct medical supervision, dispenses specified medication, in accordance with established standards and protocols.
- Demonstrates complete discretion when discussing patient information; adhere to strict standards regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent and disclosure as required by HIPAA, California law and agency policy.
Ancillary Responsibilities as directed by the Clinic Service Manager:
- Presents, reviews and updates patient registration forms according to guidelines.
- Completes funding program assessments and assigns patients to correct programs.
- Verifies patient’s eligibility for Medi-Cal or other payers.
- Solicits donations and documents receipt of donations from clients.
- Prepares patient charts and superbills.
- Participates in program health education services at each site.
- Identifies candidates who are eligible for programs available at SBFHC.
- Educates client/patient about available clinic services.
- Contacts clients who missed a scheduled appointment and documents outcome in the chart.
- Keeps legible and complete records in patient charts for all of the above functions.
- Complies with universal precautions at all times.
- Adheres to strict standards regarding client confidentiality, informed consent, and disclosure as required by California law and agency policy.
- Helps maintain smooth patient flow and maintains effective communication with supervisor regarding patient wait times.
- Always presents a positive and professional demeanor.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Consistently is on time and ready to begin work at the start of the workday.Does not abuse or take advantage of sick time.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor.