The Manager, Practice Management and Systems Delivery Policy, supports the Director and Deputy Directors of Practice Management and Systems Delivery Policy in the development and execution of successful psychiatric practice and system delivery policy strategies. The Manager will monitor policy developments regarding access to care, private practice delivery, community-based delivery, program integrity, and substance use disorder (including tobacco and vaping), as well as work with relevant councils and committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage activities to related to implementation of relevant laws/regulations and development of educational materials and content for the membership
- Track and summarize regulatory comments in response to proposed rules, requests for information, and other relevant Administrative actions
- Work with communications to develop materials and web content to convey policy updates to the membership
- Support outreach to relevant agency staff to incorporate APA priorities in regulations, guidance, and programs
- Help respond to inquiries from APA members, district branches, mental health care organizations, etc.
- Monitor Federal Register Notice for relevant announcements regarding regulations, meetings, and executive orders
- Provide administrative support to manage workflow for the Council on Addiction Psychiatry, Council on Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, and Committee on Integrated Care.
- Work with the Councils/Committee to move forward work products and seek feedback/expertise as necessary on policies and activities under their purview
- Work across the division to support and provide feedback to relevant workgroups under other councils and participate in calls and meetings
- Manage efforts to track policy trends related to practice management and delivery systems policy
- Ongoing review of pertinent literature and studies
- Support development of policy briefs on specific issues as directed
- Other duties as assigned