The Director of Business Development is responsible for the development, management, and execution of strategic sales and marketing objectives. It will be the Director of Business Developments primary focus to achieve defined annual new business sales goals.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities.
- Evaluates existing sales efforts with an eye toward building on what works and changing what doesnt.
- Expands the profile and reach of Concept and our brand.
- Leads sales, business development & internal marketing teams.
- Develops and strengthens internal and external relationships that will lead to increased lead generation, business development, and market share.
- Builds cross-functional teams to guide and nourish sustainable, long-term growth.
- Researches & tracks emerging markets and trends.
- Fosters and works to maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the company and across all teams and work functions.
- Proposes and develops strategic partnerships.
- Helps to shape the companys long-term objectives and determine plans for how to meet them.
- Provides advice on product development and distribution and promotion strategies.
- Selects, builds, negotiates contracts, and maintains relationships with vendors and partners.
- Fulfills requests for proposals (RFPs) from potential partners and customers.
- Development and management of pricing strategies, contract negotiations, bids, and proposal development.
- Directing marketing efforts and strategies to expand market reach.
- Direct the development of customer-facing web platforms and digital experiences.
- Attending tradeshows and conferences.
Decision Making Authority: The Director of Business Development does not have the authority to spend or commit company dollars without the consent of the President or owner of the company.
Professionalism & Integrity: The Director of Business Development is always expected to professionally represent Concept Services, Ltd. This includes moral character, good business decisions, professional appearance and to lead by example. The Director of Business Development at times will be expected to make judgment decisions without the input of the President and at other times use discretion to determine when the input of the President is appropriate.
Confidentiality: The Director of Business Development at times may be made aware of information that is not intended for public knowledge. This information may involve company decisions and/or direction, personnel issues, account issues, financial issues, etc. The Director of Business Development is always expected to keep these matters confidential and understands they are not permitted to discuss or disclose this type of information with co-workers or peers. If the Director of Business Development at any time is not sure if certain information is confidential, they should ask the President before discussing or sharing with peers and/or co-workers. Sharing confidential information may be grounds for termination.
The Director of Business Development is not permitted to copy, download, email, share or use customer data in any format other than for the customers use and benefit. If data is used, removed/shared for any other reason, it is a violation of company policy, considered to be theft and will be immediate grounds for termination and subject to the penalties of the law.
Other Responsibilities: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sales Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for navigating sales discussions, closing new business.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the day to day management of Sales Executives and Business Development Representatives.