SUMMARY: Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, inventories
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Expedites delivery of goods to users
- Creates work orders and assigns to accounts for billing
- Assists Maintenance Technicians with scheduling work orders and maintains departmental workflow via online work order platform
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- One-year related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two year’s related hotel/resort industry experience and/or training.
- High school or GED graduate.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Resort ranges from winter time lows of 30 degrees to summer time highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.