WNPA is a nonprofit education partner of the National Park Service. WNPA supports parks across the West, developing products, services, and programs that enhance the visitor experience, understanding, and appreciation of national parks. Learn more at www.wnpa.org.
The Sales and Information Associate works under the direction of the Park Store Manager and is responsible for performing a variety of clerical tasks associated with the stocking, merchandising and sale of Western National Parks Association’s educational and interpretive products at assigned park location(s). They will greet and interact with customers and visitors to answer general inquiries about the affiliated park, the region, or specific products.
This role is responsible for completing the following tasks and any related tasks as assigned:
- Complete sales transactions.
- Answer phone calls.
- Assist the Manager as directed with general site duties such as inventory, receiving, stocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising.
- Become an expert in the educational value of store inventory and be able to communicate the significance to store visitors.
- Assist with special events, as requested after normal business hours and on weekends.
- Work with store volunteers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This role must possess knowledge of, skill in, and/or ability in the following:
- Customer service.
- Planning, organization, analyzation, problem solving, multitasking, and communication.
- Diplomatic and effective communication, verbally and in writing, with internal employees as well as WNPA’s board of directors, visitors, members, donors, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Interpreting instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or other format.
- Making independent judgments and maintain attention throughout performance of duties.
- Working alone and with a team.
- Computer programs including Internet, databases, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Equipment including computers, printers, calculators, multiline touch tone phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers, and dollies.
This role must be able to meet the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. Desk time is occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Regularly climb and balance to hang merchandise and retrieve product.
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to work at local, off-site events.