Employment Status: Full Time
Vocational Guidance Services (VGS) changes lives and strengthens our communities through services that educate, empower, and provide the opportunity to earn a paycheck! VGS is a highly acclaimed, successful, private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) vocational rehabilitation agency with over 130 years of dedicated experience serving persons with disabilities or other barriers to employment. We are currently seeking to hire a Financial Controller to direct the organization's financial, budgetary, and accounting practices. The Financial Controller will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Supervises and administers all aspects of the Finance Department operation in compliance with the National Association of CPAs Manual "Standard of Accounting and Financial Reporting for Voluntary Health and Welfare Organizations."
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the organization.
- Operates all areas of responsibility within budgeting. Reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Makes frequent decisions concerning operations subject to general policy guidance, or direction from the President & CEO.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts. Reports are required to meet Board, President & CEO, and/or regulatory agencies' requirements and assures they are submitted by established deadlines.
- Supervises and manages financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
- Reviews financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy, and distribution with uniform accounting classification according to budgeted lime item and cost center classifications.
- Provides management with timely review of the organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.