FMP Consulting (FMP) is a leading management and strategic consulting firm. With extensive expertise in both the government and private sectors, FMP's knowledgeable and experienced staff have served as outside experts and trusted collaborators across a variety of clients. Beginning with the firms founding in 1991, FMP has embraced the core values of partnership, flexibility, and service. These values form the foundation of our approach and guide us in every aspect of our work.
For the tenth consecutive year, FMP has been recognized with a Companies as Responsive Employers (CARE) Award by the Northern Virginia Family Services for our dedication to employee wellbeing and community involvement. We have also been named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for three years in a row, and in 2016, we were a finalist for SmartCEO’s GovStar Award in the category of Star Workplace. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment while providing excellent service to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Managing Consultant to join our growing team.
A Managing Consultant at FMP will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, ensure FMP’s reputation remains in the highest standing, and that our work results in high quality, innovative deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of projects and lead project teams to meet client goals in a dynamic and high-performance environment. Examples of efforts may include:
- Lead teams to identify and validate competencies and KSAs for client organizations in accordance with legal and professional standards
- Lead teams to apply and implement competencies across a range of human capital processes (e.g., competency gap assessments, competency-based hiring practices, competency-based training)
- Lead teams in the design, development and administration of surveys
- Lead teams to conduct advanced data analyses, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Partner with clients on projects such as workforce planning, workload models, strategic planning, and succession planning
- Serve on the management team and contribute to strategic and tactical decisions
- Shape FMP’s culture of high performance through continuous feedback to consultants
- Model collaborative communication to make sure teams are functioning well and team morale remains high
- Supervise, develop and mentor a team of approximately 8-12 consultants
- Lead innovative and competitive business development efforts to result in a healthy portfolio of projects and business growth
- Utilize expertise to expand work with existing clients and generate new clients
- Improve FMP by leading and encouraging participation in internal initiatives, expanding network of resources, and helping recruit top talent