PRIMARY FUNCTION: Package food orders for delivery.
TYPICAL WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in the distribution area of our facility, which may include periods of time in food freezers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Determine and pack meals for distribution to Meals on Wheels Drivers.
- Complete an accurate daily log of product temperatures in multiple walk-in freezers and coolers.
- Maintain the Fulfillment and Distribution Center in a safe and compliant manner.
- Work with the Kitchen in coordination of meals ordering.
- May potentially serve as back-up Meals Driver and Food Service Associate in an emergency situation, if applicable.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Physically push and pull carts loaded with meals and other products weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Have the ability to work in inclement conditions (food freezers).
- Have the ability to be aware of surrounding environment.
- Have the ability to hear and follow instructions.
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be in general good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Have the ability to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Have the ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Have the ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Sit, bend, lift, move and stand for extended periods of time during working hours.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Must pass a pre-placement physical.