Purple Innovations is experiencing tremendous growth and is seeking an experienced Email Developer to help elevate an industry-leading email marketing program to the next level. Under the direction of the Senior Email Marketing Manager, you will be asked to code, build, and optimize email campaigns as well as become the in-house technical expert on our Email Service Provider’s (ESP) platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll play a vital role in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-moving environment for a rapidly growing, nationally recognized brand. You’ll be primarily responsible for the coding, creation, and deployment of our promotional and automated email marketing campaigns. You’ll work closely with our ESP to monitor data processes, manage and mitigate any errors, implement new features and tactics, and work collaboratively to improve the overall email marketing program.
- Transform designs from the creative and email team into responsive HTML code that renders properly across all email clients and devices.
- Become the expert on the operation, maintenance, and optimization of our Email Service Provider (Cordial).
- Assist, from a technical and ESP perspective, in the building and operation of an email campaign and program testing and optimization.
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs related to marketing automation.
- Develop new and sophisticated user-facing interactive experiences in email, including advanced personalization, AMP for Gmail, animation, carousels, etc.
- Spearhead development and management of a master email code base and asset management libraries for email.
- Become familiar with current data integration processes and implement new integrations and processes to ensure customer data can properly activate within the email channel.
- Be a subject matter expert on email marketing industry standards, best practices, and coding techniques.
- Proactively work with the email team as well as internal and external creative teams and cross-department stakeholders to develop and improve processes for greater efficiencies.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, from quick turnarounds to longer, in-depth projects.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred; experience in lieu of a degree may be acceptable.
- 2-5 years of HTML and CSS development experience specific to email coding. Ability to hand-code an email template from scratch a major plus.
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise-level email service providers; experience with Cordial a plus
- 6+ years of overall experience; DTC or eCommerce experience a plus.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, JSON, PHP, and other coding languages. Experience with AMP for Gmail and VML language and coding for Outlook a plus.
- Experience with design software, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, Figma.
- Solid understanding of email best practices and testing, including working with Litmus, Email on Acid, or the like, to optimize email code to render properly across devices and providers.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, CCPA, and other email compliance regulations.
- Familiarity with database structures and SQL programming.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Ability to translate technical expectations to non-technical parties.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.