About the Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
The Utah Athletic Foundation (dba Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization formed after
the successful hosting of the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games. Its unique purpose centers on fostering growth of
winter sports in the State of Utah and to effectively manage the Utah Olympic Park and Utah Olympic Oval legacy venues.
Efforts are focused on these core missions, to:
- Maintain, operate and enhance Olympic legacy facilities at world-class levels
- Engage and involve more people, especially Utahs youth, in winter sport
- Inspire, educate and entertain through Olympic-themed recreational public programs
- Promote & inspire Utah communities to embrace health & fitness efforts
- Ensure that Utah Olympic Legacy efforts continue in-perpetuity
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a long-term strategic fundraising & development plan consistent with UOLF Core Missions and in-perpetuity goals.
- Continuously fine-tune development strategies and actions for the Foundation. Key focus is on developing financial support from individual donors and charitable foundations supportive of efforts to sustain Utahs unique
- Olympic venues, ongoing legacy, future Olympic positioning, and dynamic winter sport activities.
- Establish an annual plan with measurable performance objectives and specific goals. This position is responsible to meet or beat annual targeted fundraising goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new individuals, corporations, foundations, community partners, and governmental entities capable of supporting UOLF via major gifts, grants, and strategic partnerships.
- Maintain current and accurate research for informed gift strategies and solicitations. Responsible for quarterly and annual fundraising tracking and progress reports. Maintain a current database of all development and fundraising activities to guarantee quality of communication and donor records, ensuring appropriate confidentiality.
- Identify and create new fundraising opportunities, capital campaigns, and projects that identify and attract new and significant contributions to UOLF.
- Steward donors via a variety of communications and experiences, including professional correspondence, telephone and email communication, and in-person visits. Provide opportunities for prospective donors to gain knowledge and appreciation for Utahs Olympic legacy efforts through well thought out cultivation events & strategies. Plan and coordinate event-related fundraising opportunities and assist with the execution of events.
- Coordinate crossover areas of fundraising with UOLF Chief Revenue Officer who is responsible for facility and program sponsorships and budget relieving value-in-kind arrangements.
- While the desired focus will be on charitable donations / financial gifts, the position will also oversee grant writing efforts in a process to be discussed based on the candidates qualifications and skills.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Excel at building relationships that foster charitable gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to secure significant gifts with experience or strong familiarity in handling a variety of gift asset types
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain professional, positive relationships and earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, successfully work under the pressure of tight deadlines, and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Willingness to be flexible, completing additional tasks and implementing changes as needed
- Demonstrated accountability and transparency
- Professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in matters of staff and donor privacy
- Successful track record
- Solid understanding and contact list of the Salt Lake, Summit, Wasatch and Utah Counties donor/foundation base
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent combined with continuing professional development in the area of fundraising and non-profit management
- Minimum five (5) years of fundraising experience, with an emphasis on cultivating and soliciting major gifts,
- including experience with non-profit organizations
- Sport background and experience preferred
- General knowledge of Utah Olympic Venues and Winter Sport Organizations.
- Proactive and resourceful with an ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work creatively, effectively, and collaboratively in an integrated, team-oriented environment
- Strong presentation and writing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload
- Demonstrated experience with database management and office productivity software such as Microsoft Office
- Participative work style with an ability to receive feedback
- Mature interpersonal style with an ability to interact well with a diverse range of people
- Positive attitude
- Will be based on experience and qualifications
- UOLF will consider and discuss performance based compensation with the selected candidate
- Benefits package available
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract; it is intended to be general and evolve over
time. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description
at any time without prior notice.