The Second Shift Mechanic position is responsible for mechanical repairs and maintenance of industrial machines.
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly. Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Other duties as assigned