Center Store/Grocery Clerk (Tacoma)
Compensation: $13.77 - $17.73 hourly. Non-exempt.
Want to be an integral part of a progressive, dynamic workplace devoted to supporting small vendors, local farmers, and transformative community impact? Central Co-op Tacoma, a natural foods
cooperative with over 14,000 members, is hiring a Center Store Clerk! This job is a great fit for someone who thrives on teamwork, creativity, and working with people in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Central Co-op offers competitive wages, 100% employer-paid-premium health/dental/vision insurance for employees working 28+ hours/week, a 4% employer-matching 401k, a grocery discount, and generous vacation time. Plus, what’s better than getting to know you’re making a positive difference in the world?
Central Co-op is proud of its commitment to quality foods and supporting small local vendors, and is seeking a clerk to help ensure that our Center Store/Grocery department looks and feels great! The Center Store Clerk is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and keeping our shelves and cases stocked, clean, and enticing.
Primary Position Responsibilities
● Stocking, rotating, and facing grocery items on the sales floor, in coolers and freezers, and in backstock; maintaining cleanliness of both sales and stock areas
● Receiving product from distributors and vendors, and ensuring the accuracy of deliveries and invoices
● Answering questions and engaging with customers about product availability and selection, and taking customer suggestions and special orders
Other responsibilities may include:
● Occasionally ordering and verifying product orders, cataloguing and coding invoices
● Assisting in other store departments as necessary
● Upholding the values of Central Co-op in daily work