DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The School Counselor supports students, grades 5 – 12 and their families in the context of the educational mission of Eastside Preparatory School. Providing this support requires that the School Counselor:
- Collect, organize and analyze information about students through records, assessment, interviews, and professional sources, to assure students and families that the school is responsive to any learning accommodations or other special issues that may be documented,
- Create Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum with grade-level coordinators
- Meet and work with students on a one-to-one basis,
- Meet and work with students in small group settings,
- Work in conjunction with school leadership, faculty and staff
- Maintain contact with Learning Support Coordinator, Guided Study Hall teachers, and outside professionals to support the counseling and learning strategies being used with students,
- Maintain contact with students, and parents/faculty as necessary
- Facilitate communication among these various stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clinical Experience
- Knowledge of different tools used in school counseling
- Outstanding assessment, research, and evaluation skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with different members of the community
- Excellent communication skills
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum MA in Counseling or related field
- Three years related experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical experience preferred
This is a full time, temporary position covering employee leave from August 2021 to January 2022.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.