Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Kitchen Ministry Coordinator to join the Food Services team in Burien, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Kitchen Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the location kitchen ministry, which includes meals preparation and presentation, guest supervision, processing donations, supervision of volunteers, pantry and kitchen maintenance, and work as part of a team to prepare nutritious meals and supervising program clients who are assigned to the kitchen all while ensuring a clean, safe, healing environment. This role also provides support to other Food Services kitchens, as directed or assigned, at the coordinator or cook level
Our Food Services team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure up-to-date and effective written policies and procedures to guide kitchen operations
- Train and supervise program participants and volunteers / interns assigned to the kitchen
- Order, maintain, inventory, and inspect all kitchen food items, stock and supplies
- Craft and help prepare well-rounded nutritious meals, on a daily basis
- Work effectively with guests/program participants/volunteers/interns to create an environment that supports life transformation through effective work therapy
- Partners with Program Ministries leadership on overall site, guest and program participant growth goals, program direction and the partnering of program support of spiritual and holistic growth and health
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen and storage area
- Maintain accurate, daily meal counts and complete the log kept for this purpose
- Participate in shelter community and staff meetings as determined by the Food Services Director
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and AM or PM shifts as needed
- Attend all mandatory training classes
- Complete donated food log for all food donations received at kitchen location.
- Ability to quickly transition / travel to other Mission food services sites, as needed and assigned, providing similar level of responsibilities or filling in as a cook / chef
- Familiar with processes, needs, styles of the other Food Services kitchen sites.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor
Note: Work at other program locations may be requested on occasion by the Food Services Manager