Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Distribution Center Assistant to join the Gifts-In-Kind team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Distribution Center Assistant helps connect the inventory of the Distribution Center with the various ministers at the Seattle Union Gospel Mission. As well as helping support other non-profits throughout King County. This is accomplished through helping donors, sorting donations, leading volunteers, driving a box truck and giving excellent customer service to clients. A strong candidate will be able to help meet department and mission goals.
Our Gifts-In-Kind team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Essential Job Duties
- Able to accurately and efficiently pick orders for Mission facilities and non-profit partners.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, donors and co-workers through excellent customer service.
- Sort incoming donations and place all donations in designated area.
- Able to drive a box truck to pick-up and deliver donations as needed.
- Maintain and keep designated area clean, safe and organized.
- Train and supervise volunteers on proper Distribution Center procedures and tasks.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver's License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to be accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to be reliable and on-time for designated shift
- Ability to work alongside Mission staff, program clients/interns, donors and non-profit partners.
- Excellent customer service skills required.