Rice & Gardner, a subsidiary of Project Control and Raba Kistner, is a Program and Project Management firm.
Assist Program Manager/Director to extend clients/owners capabilities in the project organization, planning, programming, administration, and design/construction management of buildings, infrastructure, and facilities. Works on entire range of project activities from start to finish as appropriate (initiation/feasibility, planning, design, construction, start-up, acceptance and turn over, close out) utilizing project management tools, techniques, procedures, and processes, with the goal of meeting or exceeding project objectives (scope, schedule, budget, quality, and client/owner satisfaction). Observes construction to verify the contractor is maintaining the published schedule and quality control efforts. Manages and schedules project meetings and creates minutes and action items to track and follow through to completion to ensure all project members are fulfilling their assigned requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EMPLOYEE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM DUTIES:
- Contributes to a teamwork approach to the project.
- An advocate for the owner and makes recommendations to the owner relating to owners best interests.
- Develops on-going communications between all parties.
- Participate in learning opportunities.
- Assists Program Manager with development of project requirements, budgets and schedules.
- Follows developed project plan.
- Assists with the development of contracts and terms and conditions.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the risk register.
- Assists with development of project quality plan including quality control and quality assurance during design, construction, and commissioning.
- Assists in the selection criteria for design and construction resources and assist in evaluation and negotiations.
- Coordinates design activities.
- Represents the client/owner as requested in all meetings.
- Assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment requirements and coordination for incorporation in the project.
- Assists or conducts project related meetings.
- Prepares monthly reports and detailed minutes of Project Meetings in a timely fashion.
- Reviews project drawings and specifications.
- Reviews contractors construction GMAX pricing, proposed subcontractor buy-out, RFIs, change order pricing, submittal status, and reports.
- Reviews A/E additional service requests.
- Monitors scope, schedule, budget, and quality for variance and corrective actions.
- Provides timely reports and notices to all stakeholders on project requirement, scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Keeps Direct Report informed on project status, risk issues, and corrective actions.
- Assist Senior Project Manager.
- Assists with participation and support of companys strategic plan initiatives in committee or lead role.
- Assists with business development, as required.
- Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction or roadway sites; potential exposure to hazardous dangerous chemicals and solvents, noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration; all of which would require employee to follow proper safety procedures and utilize appropriate protective equipment.
- Position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities require out of town/overnight travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
- Other duties as assigned by Direct Report.