Rice & Gardner, a division of Project Control and Raba Kistner, offers Project Management and Commissioning services.
The Assistant Project Manager supports the role of owners representative in the management of complex projects, and assists the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager/Director to extend clients/owners project management capabilities in the project organization, planning, programming, administration, design and construction phases of buildings, infrastructure, and facilities.
Employee shall have the following minimum duties and responsibilities:
- Interface with owner leadership to articulate project status and build/maintain relationships.
- Represent company and participate in owner events as needed.
- Contribute to a teamwork approach to the project.
- An advocate for the owner and make recommendations to the owner relating to owners best interests.
- Develop on-going communications between all parties.
- Participate in learning opportunities offered by Project Control and other Project Control-approved opportunities.
- Assist Project Manager / Senior Project Manager with development of project requirements, budgets and schedules.
- Follow Project Control-developed project plan.
- Assist in the selection criteria for design and construction resources and assist in evaluation and negotiations.
- Represent the client/owner as requested in all meetings.
- Assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment requirements and coordination for incorporation in the project.
- Assist or conduct project related meetings.
- Reviews installed work against drawings and specification for conformance. Track the Request for Information (RFI) log and submittal log, review Change Proposal Requests, Change Orders, Invoices, and Applications for Payment. Complete Construction Observations Report, coordinate punch list updates, closeouts, and warranty items.
- Procurement: Contributions with administering Requests for Qualifications/Proposals, issue addendums as needed, review proposal submissions, score and calculate tabulation sheets, award proposer winner.
- Supports project related controls with project budget allocations and forecasting costs. Process vendor invoices, pay applications, change orders, budget Owner expenses and program costs.
- Assists with the execution of professional consultant contracts, including the General Contractors, and Architects AIA agreements.
- Prepare monthly reports and detailed minutes of Project Meetings if required.
- Review project drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the review of the contractors construction GMAX pricing, proposed subcontractor buy-out, RFIs, change order pricing, submittal status, and reports.
- Provide comments to Project Control Senior Project Manager concerning A/E additional service requests.
- Monitor scope, schedule, budget, and quality for variance and corrective actions.
- Keep Direct Report informed on project status, risk issues, and corrective actions.
- Assist Project Manager and Senior Project Manager.
- Assist with participation and support of companys strategic plan initiatives.
- Understand, adhere and participate in the Raba Kistner Health and Safety and Behavior Based Safety Programs and set a good safety example.
- Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction or roadway sites; potential exposure to hazardous dangerous chemicals and solvents, noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration; all of which would require employee to follow proper safety procedures and utilize appropriate protective equipment.
- Position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities require out of town travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.