Seascape Beach Resort (www.seascaperesort.com), a four diamond resort and conference center located on California’s Central Coast, is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced fulltime Association Manager for our 285- unit resort condominium community located in Aptos, CA. Located on the Monterey Bay midway between Monterey and Santa Cruz, Seascape Beach Resort offers resort-style suites and accommodations, grounds, and a 17-mile stretch of beach. The Association Manager position manages the maintenance and repair/replacement of all common area grounds, amenities and improvements, and serves as a liaison between the commercial resort operation and the owners association. The position requires a direct working relationship with the Seascape Resort Board of Directors and corporate management.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for management of all aspects of the Association; Mastery of Seascape Resort Owners Association governing documents, and superior ability to communicate proper compliance with governing documents; develop and distribute RFP’s for common area liability insurance and maintenance and repairs (including landscape maintenance, pool service, capital improvements and other construction, etc.); Oversee the filing of insurance claims, inspections, rehabilitation of property or personal injury claims. Annually solicit and review all insurance policies. Review and confirm approvals of all construction related invoices and change orders; provide historical perspective to the property’s unique use restriction and permit conditions, as required by Santa Cruz County and the California Coastal Commission. Attend all Board of Director meetings, executive committee meetings, and the annual members meeting, and provide all meeting agenda and board meeting minutes. Assist committee chairpersons with agendas and minutes for their respective committee meetings.
• Supervision of vendors and vendor staff; including maintenance of active certificates of insurance for all contracted vendors or contractors and oversight of vendors’ preventative maintenance inspection and repair/replacement schedules for HVAC, pools, ponds, signage, roads/paths, and beach access points.
• Maintaining the upkeep of the property to the highest standard;
• Identifying safety / liability hazards; Quarterly review of annual inspection risk management guidelines provided by Seascape’s property insurance carrier; participate in quarterly safety committee meetings; inspect hillside bluffs and sand dunes for erosion and apparent dangerous conditions.
• Budgeting and financial / operational reporting; assist the Controller with monthly and annual financial and reserve statement preparations with comprehensive narratives for the Financial Committee and Board of Directors; review and authorize all checks drawn on any OA accounts. Arrange for signatures. Authorization to approve non-reserve item repair/replacement projects not to exceed $5,000.
• Primary point of contact for condominium owners, Board of Directors, and Management Company; with oversight of all board committees: First point of contact for all owner communication and requests, responsible for confirming receipt of requests and processing requests to resolution. Receive, review, and submit all owner requests for unit interior and exterior modifications to the Architectural Review Committee of the Board of Directors for approval or denial. Regular communication with Director of Building Maintenance, Landscape Manager, and Landscape Committee Members regarding maintenance of common area grounds.
• Website and Owner List Maintenance/Updating: Maintain Owners Association page of www.seascaperesort.com website, as well as dedicated e-mail address list for member communication. Maintain and update owner contact list.
• New Owner Orientation Program: Develop, schedule and lead Seascape Beach Resort New Owner Orientation. Manage owner access to owner reservations portal.
• Association Management Resource; provide the Board of Directors with CA DavisStirling Act resource information available through industry associations (CAI, CACM, ECHO), to help guide board members through the ever-changing legislative environment for owners associations. Maintain membership of board members in ECHO.
• Other duties as assigned: Lead any discussions with County officials concerning Association obligations to the community and the membership. Provide investigation and findings for all special projects as determined by the President of the Board of Directors.