Come Make a Difference and join the Y this summer!!
The YMCA of Southern Nevada is currently seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and dedicated candidates for our Summer Camp 2021 programs!
Come join us and have an exciting and challenging summer job, and make this a fantastic experience for the kids, families and communities we serve!
We are currently recruiting for summer positions for all four of our YMCA branch locations:
- Centennial Hills YMCA
- Durango Hills YMCA
- Heinrich YMCA
- SkyView YMCA
For more information on our YMCA's, employment opportunities and programming, please visit our website at www.lasvegasymca.org today!
At the YMCA of Southern Nevada, we’re committed to providing a superior work environment that offers challenges, flexibility, and fun. We help employees maximize their strengths and develop new skill sets so they can build successful careers while making a meaningful impact in the community. As one of Southern Nevada’s largest non-profit community service organizations, we offer many ways for individuals to use their talents to make a difference. We welcome you to come join our Y Family this summer!
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Summer Camp Supervisor and Youth & Family Coordinator the position supervises groups of children and implements YMCA activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(1) LEADS and PARTICIPATES in group activities and PERFORMS related skills
(e.g., crafts, STEAM, sports, reading, and games).
(2) FOLLOWS specific YMCA Camp Standard Operating Procedures
(e.g., check-in/out of participants, parent greeting, cleaning and straightening of supplies in the area).
(3) IMPLEMENTS program activities and special events.
(4) PROMOTES and EMBRACES Character Development in curriculum.
(5) SERVES as a positive role model for program participants.
(6) BUILDS and MAINTAINS a high-standard of member service for all program participants.
(7) PROMOTES safety as an overriding objective in all programming efforts.
(8) PERFORMS all other duties as assigned.