Are you ready to save lives this summer? The YMCA of Southern Nevada is currently seeking enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated candidates for Seasonal Lifeguards for our 2021 Summer Season!
At the YMCA of Southern Nevada we’re committed to providing a superior work environment that offers challenges, flexibility and fun. We help employees maximize their strengths and enhance new skill areas so they can build successful careers while making a meaningful impact in community. As one of Southern Nevada’s largest nonprofit community service organizations, we offer many ways for individuals to use their talents to make a difference. We welcome you to come join our Y family this summer!
FOR MORE INFORMATION on our lifeguarding opportunities... please visit us here: https://www.lasvegasymca.org/summer-aquatics-jobs/
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator and Director, this position monitors activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents and provide assistance to swimmers. Maintains all areas in and around the aquatic facility. Communicates the function and mission of the association to members, staff, and guests of the YMCA as well as the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforces aquatic safety and maintenance standards and guidelines.
- Monitors all activities in the aquatic area. Assures the safety of members and guests as the single overriding objective.
- Follows specific national and association standards as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Maintains and records chemical readings, temperature and daily attendance sheet as scheduled.
- Promotes association programs and objectives as well as the national goals of the YMCA, including character development.
- Maintains needed aquatic certifications.
- Builds and maintains a high standard of member service with all members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.