1. High School diploma or General Educational Development certificate. If the position is that of a professional or counseling position then educational background requirements shall be dictated by that particular profession and/or funded contract.
2. Good reading, writing and communication skills.
3. Awareness of the disease of addiction.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize various tasks required by the job.
5. Experience requirements may vary with the type of job.
6. The majority of positions within Mirror, Inc. require the use of computer skills and applicants must have some knowledge of or possibly some proficiency in computer skills or experience or skills with an Electronic Health Record. Some positions require the ability to utilize a multi-line phone system while others require no specialized skills.
7. All Mirror positions must be able to pass health and security checks. Fingerprints will be taken on all volunteers and/or internship positions that have access to KDOC offenders and /or offender information. The prospective volunteer will be cleared through the proper channels. (i.e., KDOC, KBI, and FBI clearance checks.)
8. Interns who have been diagnosed with any type of substance use disorder or behavioral addiction/compulsion must have sustained a minimum of two consecutive years of abstinence from all intoxicating substances and symptoms of their chemical and/or behavioral addiction; and must be in full sustained remission.
9. This position may also involve bending, walking stairs and lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion.