- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of a CLS language preferred;
- Experience in study abroad, international education, federally funded programs for cultural exchange, or familiarity with the field of second language acquisition;
- Experience working with data and spreadsheets;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Experience mentoring or advising students preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
- Proven effectiveness in a cross-cultural work environment; and
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Position contingent upon funding.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information