This position sits within the Telemarketing Team and reports to the Telemarketing Manager. The
Telemarketing Team is part of the Development Department and is responsible for recruiting and developing
monthly donors to support Amnesty International USA’s (AIUSA) human rights work by phoning existing and
potential supporters and soliciting support.
The Development Department has an ambitious fundraising growth plan to maximize the amount of money
raised for human rights work. The role of a Telephone Fundraiser is to call existing and potential supporters
from AIUSA’s contact database to open dialogue with them in order to promote Amnesty’s values and beliefs
and to explain how best they can support the organization. This may involve asking potential supporters for
financial assistance or a non-financial option. The Telephone Fundraisers informs potential supporters of
current Amnesty campaigns and explain what they can do to make a difference. They will be expected to
input this information in our database whilst ensuring supporter information is accurate, appropriate and
- Contact existing, potential and lapsed supporters via telephone to inform them of current campaigns
and solicit appropriate assistance in accordance with the Amnesty brief and script structure.
- Meet & exceed fundraising targets set by the team leader and the Telemarketing Manager.
- Attend campaign briefings and adhere to the objectives of campaigns within the phone call to our
- Input bank details, supporter information and data capture whilst ensuring close attention to detail
and accurate recording on databases & excel.
- Ensure mandatory elements within the script are adhered to and are read verbatim where necessary.
- Ensure relevant feedback and/or complaints are recorded and fed back to their team leader to
ensure that these are dealt with and relayed back to the wider organisation.
- Represent, enhance and promote the Amnesty brand in a positive, professional and effective
- Ensure that all data is handled with sensitivity and in accordance with Data Protection legislation and
financial good practice.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the line manager, which are in line with
the responsibilities of the post.