Amnesty International USA is seeking an experienced Digital Advocacy and Fundraising Manager, responsible for developing and executing national digital strategy to expand and engage Amnesty’s online base of activists and donors, maximize revenue, and advance the organization’s priority campaigns. This position works closely alongside the Director of Online Engagement as a core part of the strategic team in significantly growing Amnesty’s digital advocacy program and meeting ambitious fundraising goals.
This role sits within the Online Engagement team but works in close coordination with Communications, Campaigns, Programs, and Research Departments to ensure that online advocacy and fundraising is part of the organization’s broader program objectives. In addition to developing and executing strategy and creative, the position also oversees project management in tandem with production staff and consultants. Candidates must have strong email and digital writing skills and be comfortable managing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Digital fundraising experience is a significant plus, but candidates with strong digital advocacy, organizing, and campaigning backgrounds at either the federal or local and state levels will be prioritized.
- Develop strategy and implement digital campaigns to recruit, engage, and mobilize people around the country who want to take action to support human rights.
- Serve as the day-to-day project manager for Amnesty’s digital campaign communications, including but not limited to advocacy and fundraising campaigns via email, SMS, and digital advertising.
- In partnership with the Director of Online Engagement, create annual and long-term goals and projections for ambitious growth in activist and donor retention and fundraising targets.
- Develop and execute strategies for testing, and analyze results in order to increase actions and revenue. Create and manage system to ensure that the learning from both successes and failures is incorporated into strategies moving forward.
- Write effective email fundraising and advocacy copy, and work in partnership with team and outside consultants to consistently develop strong, compelling creative that recruits, mobilizes, and retains supporters.
- Ensure consistent quality of digital production work done by two other Online Engagement staff for outgoing digital communications.
- Collaborate with Amnesty USA’s expert team of campaigners, researchers, and programs staff to ensure fundraising, advocacy, and general communication online meets their goals and the goals of the Online Engagement team.
- Oversee the development and analysis of detailed reports to track KPI’s on program performance in partnership with the team and outside consultants.
- Coordinate with and support staff responsible for email production, execution, and reporting, including during rapid response moments.