This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care and implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. This person will lead the interdisciplinary care team to ensure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes (under the direction of the Laboratory) responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates daily functions of device clinic, including regional locations.
- Performs device checks on patients with reprogramming as needed.
- Educates patients and provides follow-up reminders on device checks following established protocols.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding the device status as it affects the total treatment plan.
- Maintains necessary records and documentation on patients’ medical records.
- Completes special projects as assigned.