Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Sanitation Technician for our Providence location. The Technician is responsible for day-to-day tasks as directed by the Plant Manager, specifically related to sanitation of the greenhouse and the sanitizing the growing channels. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isnt afraid to get dirty.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and work areas in the entire greenhouse.
- Clean quickly and effectively as directed using materials and tools provided by Gotham Greens.
- Must be able to work in tight quarters and hard to reach areas, such as under growing lines, etc.
- Must learn and follow procedures in the proper way to clean & sanitize.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, following safe work practices at all times.
- Must wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiencies and cleanliness.
WHO YOU ARE
- Leads by example with a can do attitude
- Laser focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a Parttime shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the greenhouse and packhouse.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our companys next phase of growth.