The Network Administrator is primarily responsible for the design, administration, and operation, and security of Judson’s central IT network services. The administrator will also define, maintain, and optimize the infrastructure strategy and architecture to meet the business goals and objectives in supporting the university’s mission.
Responsible for defining overall network technology strategy for Judson University Develops and maintains network infrastructure plan in cooperation with Director of Information Systems and Technology: server, storage, network/infrastructure, disaster recovery business continuity plans, and cloud services.
Develops and facilitates tactical planning activities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Develops the overall disaster recovery plan, procedures and tests for Judson University. Includes all aspects of disaster recovery planning including data center and application system recovery and departmental business continuity plans. Evaluates system effectiveness and makes change recommendations, as necessary.
Responsible for security compliance activities: Designs and performs information systems audits and plans:
- Assesses security needs and capabilities of the organization. Prepares regular reports to IT management concerning the current state of security measures and makes recommendations for improvement as required.
- Develops security strategy and plans.
- Develops the overall security program and content. This program will include all aspects of information security and information access including Internet/Intranet access and risks. Works with existing policies and procedures to identify, recommend and develop revised policies and procedures relating to information security as appropriate. Maintains and revises the overall security program.
- Manages security of the LAN, WAN, and internet services, which transmits confidential information.
Design, Implement and Execute Change Control practice at Judson University.
- Implements an ongoing Scope Change Management Plan; manages scope escalation
- Ensures integrity of all production environments
- Assists the IST team to problem solve and determine solutions that minimize barriers to the business solution
- Ensure Change Management is carried out for all projects
- Ensure maintenance is carried out on all technical systems operated by the IS team
Leadership: Implements Team and Individual Accountability
- Sets clear, defined written performance standards and expectations for self and IST team.
- Works with the IST leadership to establish performance expectations and measurements for individuals assigned to projects.
- Holds self and technology team members accountable in meeting stated objectives, timetables and commitments
- Takes timely, appropriate actions to address substandard performers and when necessary provide correction.
Monitors and Communicates Status
- Tracks, reviews and communicates status of projects related to technology projects
- Effectively uses a variety of techniques (visual, verbal, and written) to ensure clear and timely communication to the IST leadership, customers, and IS stakeholders
- Works with the IST leadership to manage and monitor the expectations of impacted personnel regarding applications related projects.
- Regularly communicates progress, issues and results of projects related to technology projects/activities to the IST leadership, customers, and IS stakeholders
Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Facilitates group learning and problem solving.
- Initiates formal and informal activities designed to promote team building among technical team members
- Responsible for weekends and on-call schedule on a rotational basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not have direct reports.
- Become familiar with the Judson culture
- Support the mission and goals of the University and respective department
- Promoting a positive, Christ-centered work environment
Required Education and Experience:
- The level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, CNE or related field, and five years applicable experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in advanced network system design and access techniques.
- Ability to analyze, coordinate and manage multiple technologies and concepts effectively.
- Proven project management skills related to Information Management and Technology.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in MBA, IT, CIS, computer science or similar field preferred
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits for full time employees include a tuition waiver program for employee and dependent (pro-rated by year until employed for four years), medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and two personal days per year.