This position is responsible for providing oversight for our growing population of international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Serve as mediator between international students and Judson
- Function as PDSO and support Designated School Officials (DSO) in maintaining compliance
- Ensure that non-immigrant student applicant documents comply with applicable statutes and regulations set by the U.S. Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) under the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP) and to enforce SEVP policies so all students, faculty and scholars are in compliance with their respective, applicable visa status
- Properly interpret case histories and advise the applicant or student about complex USCIS-SEVP policies and procedures to maintain active F-1 visa status
- Collaborate with Graduate Admission and Undergraduate Admission offices on the process and workflow for initial entry into the U.S. or transfer within the U.S. from another SEVP-eligible institution
- Comply with established administrative functional area practices
- Skillfully use Excel, SEVIS and other databases to maintain administrative reporting accuracy
- Plan and prepare for Federal audits of F-1 status student files
- Work both independently and as a team member
- Support the mission and goals of the University and respective department
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize work flow, and accept responsibility for total task completion
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and communicate with students and adult program personnel
- Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple activities
- Able to work a varied work schedule to accommodate the needs of the adult students
- Commitment to Christian higher education and spiritual formation
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.