Core Bank is an accomplished Community Bank located in the Greater Omaha, NE and Kansas City, KS areas. We are not a mere collection of buildings or a place just to work or manage money – we are a community of friends, neighbors and partners in making life just a little bit better. Our culture - what we call our Recipe for Awesome - creates an environment that's a great place to bank - and a great place to work. It ensures we grow together, learn together, and have fun doing it.
At Core Bank, our Vision is to be a truly remarkable company that just happens to be a bank. And, if you just happen to want to work somewhere truly remarkable, then we'd love to get to know you. To learn more about what makes us - us, explore www.corebankcareers.com.
The residential mortgage originator (MLO) assists consumers who are seeking mortgage loans. An originator assists the borrower in determining the proper loan program, completing the loan application and gathering the necessary paperwork, including pay stubs, tax returns and bank statements, to begin the loan process. A credit report is obtained and analyzed by the originator. During the mortgage loan process, the mortgage originator communicates with the title officer, escrow officer, loan processor, real estate agent(s), and/or underwriter.
A Mortgage Lender's responsibilities include:
- Completes mortgage applications for submission to the loan processing and underwriting departments
- Establishes detailed marketing/business plan including names of potential and existing loan customers, realtors, builders, developers, etc and frequency of contact
- Answers customer calls and walk-in customers to discuss various loan products and qualification information
- Makes sales calls on potential or existing customers as established in marketing plan to develop new business or retain existing business
- Evaluates loan requests, analyze financial data, and determines qualification of collateral and customer credit history
- Structures loan to comply with acceptable lending practices and Federal regulations
- Cross-sells other bank products and services
- Maintains contact with customer, communicating progress of loan and obtaining any required documentation
- Participates in worthwhile community activities to promote and enhance Core Bank’s integrity in the community as well as promote and market loan products. Networks through professional, business and community organizations.