Earn up to $940 per week! Susquehanna Printing immediately hiring Full-Time Press Operators to join our night team. Full-time positions include competitive benefits & paid-time off.
Why work for us?
Conveniently located in the Greenfield Corporate Center off Rt. 30, Susquehanna Printing is a state-of-the art regional printing, mailing, and finishing facility. Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
With over 350 employees in several locations across Lancaster County, we are a workplace that celebrates diversity, achieves excellence, and adheres to ethics.
Our Press Operators are responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining and operating offset printing press and related equipment (plate makers, plate benders, reel stands, etc.) to produce quality printed products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing any unsafe conditions that are identified.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with fellow press operators and personnel from related departments.
- Safely operate fork lift/clamp truck to transfer paper rolls between the warehouse and the press room for use in operation.
- Prepare paper rolls for use on the reel stands and press.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the reel stands prior to and throughout press runs.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the press for the next press run.
- Maintain & operate press equipment within manufacturer’s specifications.
- Read press layouts to determine and set proper web leads, webbing the press by using the common press leads and alternative leads.
- Safely remove old plates and position new plates on press according to layout without damaging either the plates or blankets.
- Efficiently adjust color registration during run to maximize reproductive quality and minimize newsprint waste.
- Identify & correct running problems with the webs, ink, folder, power, and anything else that relates to the running of the press and the quality of the final product.
- Properly and accurately fill out appropriate paperwork, keeping track of starts and stops, copy count, spoils, roll use, etc.
- Check and adjust color ink densities to proper levels before and during the press run.
- Maintain established acceptable housekeeping standards in the workplace.
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Prior press experience preferred