Overall responsibility for the management of the respective floor within Dover Street Market New York under the general headline of, “my floor, my shop.” Infiltrating the business at every level and focusing on all details with a firm, clear and highly professional management style.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the store ensuring the provision of the very best customer service levels at all times and presentation of your floor.
- The achievement of key financial targets.
- Instilling a common sense of standards and culture of professionalism through-out your floor through an industrious, calm and measured management approach.
- Ensuring that all staff are clear on what these expected standards are and the relevant store procedures.
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring the very best levels of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring that customers are added to the DSM Database.
- Maintaining a Customer book of key “floor relevant” customers.
- Delivering the monthly and seasonal sales targets working closely with the team to do so.
- Personally selling, directing and driving sales.
- Ensuring sufficient cover for the Floor at all times.
- The growth and development of the Floor Team, identifying and initiating any specific training needs.
- Working with Store Management to provide feedback on the weekly staff rota and optimum allocation of staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assist in the selection process and recruitment of staff.
- Assist in the induction of new staff and ongoing training initiatives.
Operational / Day-to-Day:
- Together with Store Management, be responsible for the smooth opening and closing of the store and floor each day.
- Attendance at the daily meeting to advise specific targets / objectives for the day ahead.
- Chairing daily floor meetings - providing clear direction for the day ahead and to advise specific targets / objectives / events.
- Ensuring the accurate and correct use of Retail Pro by floor staff members.
- Responsible for replenishment of supplies - bags, tissue paper, forms etc.
- The daily cashing-up of tills.
- Facilities Management – ensuring all systems, fixtures, fittings and furniture are well maintained at all times and advising of any problems.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness at all times.
- Ensuring the statutory Health and Safety Regulations are pro-actively adhered to and dealt with.
- Closely liaising with the Merchandising Team and Store Management to ensure:
- The timely movement of stock on and off the floor.
- The receipt, checking off and ticketing of in-coming shipments.
- Accurate recording of outbound stock movements.
- The daily recording of any miscellaneous sales.
- Daily replenishment of stock sold.
- Regular review of merchandise to ensure that optimal stock holding and sell-through is maintained, providing recommendations for ameliorative action or additional re-orders.
- Providing input for seasonal buying of lines.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance at all times and ensuring shrinkage is kept to an absolute minimum. Formally reporting any losses immediately to Store Management and the Head of Security.
- Accurate quarterly stock checking of floor
Financial / Reporting:
- Targets / Budgets – together with the Store Management establishing monthly / weekly targets to the floor, departments and individuals.
- Regular meetings with Store Management to review and assess departmental performance.
- End of season report to be sent.
- End of day report to be sent.
- A well organised and well-motivated floor.
- The achievement of floor sales targets.
- Service and standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse at all levels both internally and externally with staff and clientele.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Holding and showing the capacity to shadow more junior members of staff when it comes to sales conversion. Having the ability to be an encouraging and professional mentor.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless be approachable and have a flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard and always have the intention to drive the business forward.
- Being able to work on several tasks at a time.
- Being capable to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
- Retail sales and expertise within a luxury business with at least 4 years of management experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations during high volume selling periods.
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands. Previous experience in selling CDG brands beneficial.
- Specific understanding of all collections and stock availability at DSM.
- Client book of potential new business for DSMNY as well as bringing existing clientele.
- Attendance and contribution to relevant trainings (i.e. clienteling, sales development, etc) beneficial.
- Language skills beneficial.
- Knowledge of Retail Pro beneficial