We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate DBA/data analyst to join the Information Technology team to design and support our critical database infrastructure as well as to help guide us in the organization and development of business intelligence structures for the analysis of data. This role will work closely with the IT Team as well as with business functional teams in the implementation of a new ERP system including a new business intelligence tool. Additionally, this role will help to design a data warehouse and then migrate historical source systems to that warehouse where they can be used for reporting. The ideal candidate has understanding of enterprise-scale DB deployments in real-time environments, as well as performance tuning, schema design, capacity planning, and monitoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and administer Microsoft SQL Server databases within a multi-tiered environment.
- Managing database security
- Implementation of standard maintenance tasks
- Managing SQL Server configurations
- Database implementation and design strategies using best practices
- Patches & upgrades
- Perform capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Troubleshoot data and database issues and suggest resolutions.
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Build and Monitor HA and DR systems using Failover Clustered instances, Always-On Availability Groups, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Replication across different data centers.
- Develop, maintain, and teach database standards and best practices.
- Work with data owners to verify and obtain approval that any transformed data retains its accuracy
- Resolve as required exceptions reported to data conversion
- Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/development staff and develops data, database specifications and table and element attributes for an application.
Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
Works closely with developers to integrate databases with other applications.
- Lead/Own ETL process to/from any systems
- Assist in the creation of data analysis sets for the business to report on
- Assist in the creation of multidimensional analytical data for reporting
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned