The General Services Technician is part of a team that facilitates various events and activities by providing setup and moving services across the school’s campus. This position has responsibilities in Shipping and Receiving and Special Events. The General Services Technician will also drive a shuttle bus at times on and off campus.
Supervisor: General Services Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Position Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Regular, 12-month position.
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Monday - Friday, 11am - 7:30pm. Evening and weekend work will be required.
- Complete event set-ups on and off campus.
- Comply with all safety practices, procedures and rules.
- Use the work order system to check and complete tasks. Complete all the work orders assigned by the manager/supervisor/others. Create work orders for tasks that don’t have work orders. Enter all the necessary details during work order completion.
- Typical tasks involve moving many different types of furniture and miscellaneous items across campus including, but not limited to: desks, chairs, tables, sofas, stage parts, instruments, music stands, etc.
- Assemble and disassemble performance stages for events.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments using an iPad/scanner and tracking logs.
- Delivers packages on and off campus and delivers paper and completes all work orders assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- On campus deliveries involve use of a hand-truck or forklift (forklift training provided) to move packages to delivery sites throughout the campus.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and vehicles, assists with special projects when needed, and maintains an inventory of all supplies.
- Keeps Warehouse clean and organized, inside and out
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Valid GA Driver’s License.
- Overtime is required, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Effective use of interpersonal and communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Applicants must also have some basic computer skills and be able to use an iPad for completing work orders, checking emails, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee will frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions and may frequently walk on slippery or uneven surfaces. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day. Overnight and out-of-area travel may also be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.