Under supervision performs tasks related to cleaning the facility.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- General facility cleaning
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping flooring and stairs
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners
- Cleaning windowsills and windows
- Follow cleaning schedules
- Maintain and order supplies as needed
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe operable condition.
- Follow all safety programs
- Special event cleaning – may be asked to work late and weekend hours
- Operate forklift and aerial lift
- Assist with all grounds keeping (trash removal)
- Coordination and teamwork with building maintenance staff
- Other job duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Be a team player and accept and evaluate criticism on ice and facility conditions.
- With increasing expertise, should be able to define, develop and implementing maintenance programs.
- Willingness to learn and teach new skills
- Establish attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where extensive standardization exists.
- Under the supervision of manager or private contractor is responsible for completing safety training on all equipment and machinery
- With increasing expertise should be able to define, develop and implement training systems/programs
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
Environmental Job Requirements
- Regularly work near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to fume and or airborne particles
- May be exposed to heights up to 50 feet
- Regularly work near or in areas that hearing protection may be required
- May need to wear the following protective equipment: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots and gloves
- Frequently lift and or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- May need to work in aerial lifts at height up to 50 feet
- May need to drive fork lift, aerial lift and scissor lift
- May be asked to work late and weekend hours
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
2 years experience in facility cleaning
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.