EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing, Business, Nonprofit Management, English/Literature, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to nonprofit administration or international development.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in grant writing, foundations, and the nonprofit sector of fundraising.
- Technical and creative writing & editing experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling and Values.
- Understand Medical Teams’ organizational strategies and our role in the global health and humanitarian response sector.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and attention to detail to produce quality products.
- Understanding of grant writing principles and methods for developing foundation relationships, locally and nationally.
- Able to qualify foundations as to their giving potential for supporting Medical Teams. Proactively contacts others, despite the risk of possible rejection.
- Ability to adapt easily to frequent change, varied work conditions and requirements, and to diverse individuals and groups; flexibility.
- Ability to respond to change with a positive attitude and willing to learn or figure out new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives. To understand the potential of short- or long-term benefits resulting from change.
- Ability to view situations from different perspectives and challenge fundamental assumptions about accepted ways of doing things.
- Manage prospect donor base systematically and efficiently to ensure fundraising potential is reached.
- Display continual organized drive in achieving goals, showing responsibility for self-governance, and self-management.
- Clearly demonstrate and apply computer/technology skills to enhance the fundraising process and maximize productivity.
- Excellent organization, time-management planning and administrative skills.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure.
- Professionally mature, strong judgement skills, Self-motivated, and takes responsibility for actions.
- Persistent: Maintain a “can-do” attitude and explore alternative solutions to meet client needs when challenges arise.
- Ability to engage others and build rapport, trust, and positive relationships by understanding others’ business and personal needs. Comfortably interacts with donors in social and recreational situations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and produce high quality results in a timely manner, working with a high degree of independence.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, attention to detail to produce quality products.
- Ability to balance the needs and interests of various stakeholders and makes decisions involving competing goals, objectives, and alternatives. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to changes in priorities.
- Know what it takes to support successful fundraising strategies.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents, at all levels.
- Ability to network with internal and external stakeholders for the purposes of obtaining private and corporate funding.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365 or similar database.
- Moderately skilled with Skype, Outlook, Intranet, and Internet.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Requires frequent use of computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copier, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk on smooth and uneven surfaces; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.