The Bell Captain is responsible for the daily quality and accuracy of the work produced by the Bell and Pool Attendant Staff. The highest standards of operation relating to guest satisfaction are to be maintained through the Bell Captains in the overall operations of the Bell department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the functions of the bell and pool staff.
- Act as the liaison between the front office functions, both Front Desk and Bell, to sustain courteous and professional guest service levels. Coordinate with other departments to insure quality guest satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently.
- Coordinate daily group arrival/departure preparation, special requests, room assignments and guest luggage and amenity deliveries.
- Maintain daily package logs for both incoming and outgoing packages
- Responsible for maintaining porte-cochere, bell closet, lobby, beach, and pool appearance while on duty.
- Coordinate nightly beach fire bookings to provide supplies, transportation and excellent customer service through event.
- Training all new employees.
- Coordinate and assist Front Desk Agents with relocation of guests when necessary.
- Assist with show rooms as requested by Front Desk and/or Sales.
- Provides and manages transportation both on and offsite.
- Oversee guest and employee laundry, facilitating incoming, outgoing, delivery and charge posting when applicable.
- Ensure employees are delivering service at a level that exceeds guest expectations.
- Access the hotel property management system Maestro and communication system, ALICE.
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the Bell staff.
- Manage staff meal breaks daily to ensure all staff take their breaks on time.
- Maintain golf cart maintenance and safety training logs.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Schedule bell staff and approve payroll.
- Keep inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.