The Grounds Technician and/or Crew Member are responsible for all grounds maintenance work and are assigned Independent Living work across Schowalter Villa and/or Kidron Bethel Village campuses. Communicate with the supervisor to carry out routine maintenance procedures for a quality campus with safety in highest regard. Participate in projects and work assignments outside grounds maintenance as needed by Kidron or Schowalter. Treat all residents and employees with respect and highest quality of customer service. Promote favorable public relations with employees, residents, vendors and the community,
Essential Job Functions of the Grounds Team:
- Planting, trimming, mowing, edging, irrigation, fertilization, pest control and detail work associated with all landscape elements; grass, trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials, etc.
- Landscape installations, maintenance and improvement projects
- Irrigation assistance
- Maintain campus with safety as first priority for yourself and others around you
- Equipment operation on all types of ride-on or small engine tools
- Provide assistance and communication to residents when requested, show respect to all residents and employees