A ReStore Associate helps process donations, load and unload items, and assist customers as needed. Tasks include cleaning, pricing, stocking, and rearranging items, in addition to providing friendly customer service at all times. Works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore; this includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading donations, and operating the cash register.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service.
- Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items.
- Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized.
- Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
- Operate point of sale system to ring up customers.
- Assist with the receiving of inventory.
- Assist Customers with purchases lifting, carrying and loading items up to 50 lbs.
- Move materials from warehouse to store floor.
- Evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations.
- Price materials to be sold.
- Display merchandise in a way that maximizes sales.
- Supervise volunteers as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Great track record of providing excellent customer service
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Knowledge of tools required
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
- Committed to HFHCAZ mission and environmental stewardship
- Applicants need to pass criminal background check and drug screening
- Demonstrates the ability to use commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Complete formal training plan and assignments as required.
- Treat others in a nondiscriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting the differences among people, and the value they bring to HFHCAZ.
- Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
- Demonstrate commitment to Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona's Mission
- Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- We envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Demonstrate commitment to Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona's Core Values of:
- Demonstrate commitment to ReStores Value Propositions of:
- Excellence- Achieving exceptional and reliable performance
- Partnering Working together to achieve productive and satisfying goals we cant accomplish alone
- Utilizing Seeking Developing Best Practices
- High school diploma/GED required
- Two years Retail or Customer Service experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to bend, stand, twist, reach above shoulder, reaching below shoulder, walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must also lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- The entire job takes place in Retail warehouse operation. The cooling is adequate in the summer, but it will get hot and muggy at times during summer months. Winter gets a little cold, dress warm in layers in the winter.
- Dress code is casual and comfortable; no sandals or open shoes allowed, and company shirts will be provided.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Employee must be proficient in or able to use or learn to use office equipment such as computer, printer, phone, copiers, calculator, hand tools power tools, hand trucks, pallet jacks and forklift