Seattle's Union Gospel Mission (“The Mission) is a nonprofit ministry that loves and cares for our homeless neighbors throughout greater Seattle.
Our mission is to bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new life to our homeless neighbors.
Our vision is to see every homeless neighbor — beloved, redeemed, restored.
We address root causes and break the cycle of homelessness by meeting urgent physical needs, building relationships, and offering long-term recovery programs. Our efforts work to restore dignity and help move people to healthy, thriving lives.
We want everyone to know, no matter their circumstances, they are loved and cared for, by us and by God.
About the role
As part of the senior leadership team, this position is responsible for providing human resources leadership and crafting all people-related strategies. In this role you will:
- Provide human resources (HR) leadership and management in alignment with the Mission’s mission statement, vision statement, and core values.
- Lead, mentor, and engage a diverse team of HR professionals.
- Own all People Team functions, including Talent Management, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, and Talent Acquisition, while empowering your team to execute key parts of these areas.
- Create and implement strategies to improve our organization’s culture including regularly assessing our cultural health by commissioning employee surveys and providing leadership for the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Panel.
- Participate as an active member of the senior team and department heads to ensure that Mission’s People Team priorities are aligned with overall organizational direction.