This position is responsible for assisting the Packaging Lead/Supervisor in the completion of the daily production requirements per business needs. Under the direction of the Packaging Supervisor, the Level I Operator will be responsible for maintaining continuous flow of product through the packaging department for Finished Goods per OSHA safety guidelines while adhering to all Customer Product Specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices, and all USDA/FDA-HACCP standards and requirements.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Level I Packaging Machine Operator
- Adhering to Food Safety, Sanitation, GMP’s and USDA requirements
- Adhering to HACCP
- Able to read, comprehend and adhere to all Safety procedures
- Able to read and comprehend OPL’s, SOP’s work instructions and labels
- Hand Forming Finished Good Cases, Retail Bases, Lids
- Hand Packing, Cupping, Lidding, Sleeve Application and Taping of semi-finished goods
- Manual Label Application
- Manual Palletizing Finished Good Cases
- Manual Pallet Jack Operation and Safety
- Safety, Quality, Operation, Centerline and Change-over execution on all Retail Label Application equipment (including code dating)
- Safety, Quality, Operation, Centerline and Change-over execution on Delkor Case Packaging equipment
- Safety, Quality, Operation, Centerline and Change-over execution on two other groups of Retail packaging equipment
- Case Erectors/Closers
- Ability to execute all required packaging quality checks and HACCP paperwork
- Other manual duties as assigned: spiral loader, spiral exit, lowerator, etc..
- Sanitation of all equipment in the Packaging Area
This Position reports to the Packaging Supervisor, under the direction of the Packaging Production Manager. Responsible for assisting in on-time completion of the daily operational commitments, per the daily production schedule.