QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must 25 years of age or older with an excellent driving record
- Must pass a DOT physical
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Effective communication skills: energetic, outgoing, entertaining speaker
• Defensive driving skills and a driver’s license clear of major moving violations
• Team player that is self-motivated and takes initiative
• Good judgment and problem solving skills
• Outdoor enthusiast with an interest in flora, fauna, history, archaeology, and geology
• Able to remain calm and effective when dealing with medical emergencies encountered
• Is courteous to all users of Forest Service and other lands we operate on
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Repetitive motion involves: climbing in and out of the Jeep, reaching overhead and across at chest level, bending from the waist
• Assists customers in and out of the Jeep
• Frequent bouncing up and down in the driver’s seat as a result of driving on rugged trails, washboard gravel roads, and climbing up and over rocks – for up to 10 hours/day
• Able to walk on dirt trails, uneven ground, and rock formations to point out scenic views and rock structures
• Must be able to speak and hear clearly to provide quality customer service and required safety mechanics
• Able to handle demanding weather extremes including temperatures ranging from 20 degrees to 90 degrees
• Able to work up to 12 hours/day (tour time and Jeep preparation/washing). Generally two, 1 hour breaks would be given in such a day
• Safely operates the Jeep through challenging traffic, varied terrain, in all types of weather conditions, while crafting entertaining and informative tours
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position.