Vectorform is known as a dynamic and creative company specializing in the creation of emerging digital experiences for the world's leading brands. As a team of designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and intellectuals, Vectorform's mission is to invent products, services, and processes that result in meaningful and exceptional human experiences.
The Sr. UX Designer champions the pre-production phases including, but not limited to, project planning, research, information architecture, wireframe creation, prototypes, UX documentation, proof of concept creation, and technical integration of both external and internal initiatives. The Sr. UX Designer will work on a variety of dynamic projects with a wide range of clients and platforms spanning web, mobile and emerging technology environments. The Sr. UX Designer should have a proven track record of successful collaboration with design, development and management teams. The Sr. UX Designer should have solid visual design skills, but a stronger control of information architecture and usability. Other responsibilities could include user testing, feature writing, experience mapping, requirement writing, presenting and speaking, workshop coordination and design culture evangelism.
The responsibility of the Sr. UX Designer includes mastering several techniques and toolsets to problem solve and facilitate clear breakdowns of project elements and group communication. To perform this role the candidate will have to be able to display crucial teamwork and trust building amongst peers, leadership and clients, as well as help trail blaze new ways of tackling UX problems and helping translate these approaches across various audiences. In doing so, the Sr. UX designer will work with clients and account teams to decipher business goals, user needs and ensure the delivery of the project's vision. In addition to the primary roles above, the Sr. UX Designer will be expected to work with director level staff to help evaluate, establish, refine, and reinforce global Vectorform policies and process related to information architecture, user experience methodologies, usability testing, project planning, documentation, and wireframe execution. The Sr. UX Designer should work to continually improve the quality of the projects and service offerings of Vectorform, while contributing to our company mantra of cultivating genius.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with Creative/Experience Directors to continuously refine Vectorform's UX approach
- Work with Producers to refine Vectorform's UX documentation process and technical integration
- Create epics and user stories to influence and determine final deliverables
- Establish best practices for research, reference, and case study practices and templates
- Aid Directors in recruiting and building the global UX team
- Lead on pre-production phases on internal and client work
- Lead focus groups and oversee user scenario testing
- Collaborate on major IA/UX deliverables from the global team when required
- Represent Vectorform in UX presentations with clients, sales leads, and internal teams
- Work directly with the design team on UX & UI planning and execution
- Work with the development team on technical planning for project work
- Maintain involvement in all phases of a project to ensure Best-In-Class execution of project planning.