Summary of Position:
This position assists in overseeing that all schools within the District (K-12) are within compliance of federal and state regulations pertaining to the National School Lunch Program, including the creation of menus. This position may also be responsible for handling any special dietary needs of the students within the school district.
- This position requires a person that is a leader and is able to handle a fast pace environment.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in school nutrition or related field is preferred, but not required. Consideration will be given to candidates with other food service related work experience.
- Minimum BS in Nutrition or related field. Registered Dietitian is preferred.
- Perform onsite reviews of assigned school sites to evaluate compliance.
- Plan and create menus that are within federal and state regulations for the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program. Menus must be balanced, offer variety, and be commodity and budget conscience.
- Oversee communication with district staff, employees, and community regarding special dietary needs and menu related topics.
- Engage students by assisting in executing a variety of student-based programs such as Farmers Markets, Health Fairs, or other SFE student/community-based programs. May also assist in developing new programs geared towards engaging the student population.
- Create and implement training's materials and handouts to support the district as needed.
- Conduct training's with kitchen staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English and/or dominate language at the school
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop frequently lift up to 50 pounds
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the federal E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.